Skip to main content

Working at COSMOPOLITAN: Week 3

I can't believe I've finished my third week at COSMO, it is going so quickly and I'm loving every minute, I am going to be so sad to leave :(. I've learnt so much more this week as well, I'd go as far as saying this is the best work experience I've had so far! I think I've quite possibly found my place where I can fit into the industry. I've been trusted twice this week to man the office on my own as the other ladies were all on shoots, and I've been told I did a really good job! And I even got to pick out the high street version of the outfit we have on the front cover which was really cool. I'll post a picture when it comes out but unfortunately I can't say anything now. 


DAY 1





What I wore: Dress: £35, River Island, belt: £7, Republic, necklace: £8.99, Accessorise, pumps: £4, Primark, tights: (more to come on these later), pink beaded bracelet: £4, New Look, other bracelets: presents. Makeup is all Clinque.

Favourite part of the day: Picking out the high street version of the outfit on the front cover.

Tip of the day: If you're asked to do something with a big responsibility, don't panic, take a deep breath and get on with it, this is you're moment to shine.


DAY 2





What I wore: Jumper: £10.99 OYISIS, shirt: £16.99 New Look, pink chinos: £3.00 F&F, studded pumps: £12.99 outlet on eBay. Makeup all Clinque 

Favourite part/parts of the day: being told I'd done a good job the day before :)

Tip of the day: If you're asked you're opinion on something don't say what you think they want to hear, be honest but obviously polite! They'll appreciate you honesty more than you lies.


DAY 3





So I had a bit of a comfy day, we all need them from time to time and converse are a must!

What I wore: Jumper: £25 River Island, navy chinos: £21.99 Zara, trainers: £39 Converse. All makeup is Clinque

Favourite part/parts of the day: Being asked my opinion on the front cover by Louise Court, Editor-in-Chief.

Tip of the day: If another department needs a hand, then help them out, they'll really appreciate and its good to know more about other sections of the place you work at.


DAY 4:





What I wore: Cardigan: £16.99 New Look, necklace: £8.99 Accessorise, shirt and belt: £12.99 Miss Selfridge, skirt: £7, H&M, pumps: £4 Primark. All makeup Clinque

Favourite part/parts of the day: Arriving at work to find this on my desk from Sairey Stemp, Fashion Editor :)
Also over hearing one of the girls singing my praises to the others!


Tip of the day: If a company is complaining to you about something, don't panic, be patient, even if it is about something from before you was there take it on the chin, NEVER say "it's not my fault" apologise and take the time to look into it to see if you can sort out the problem, if not don't be afraid to pass it on to someone else but make sure you have done everything in your power to rectify it first to avoid putting extra pressure on those that are already busy, you never know you might surprise yourself with how you manage!


DAY 5





What I wore: Polo neck: £7.99 eBay Outlet, jeans: £7 New Look, boots: £69 Dorothy Perkins. 

Favourite part/parts of the day: Beauty sale, never been given so much in my life, I still donated despite being told I'd get it free purely because it goes to charity and I felt it was unfair and I didn't want to take the mick. Oh and thank you Sairey again for my giant Lolly Pop! Also my leaving/thank you presents from Alex Lunt, Junior Fashion Stylist, so grateful although I'm sure it should be me saying thank you as I've had such an amazing time and experience!!

Tip of the day: It's nice to receive a gift, but it's always better to give back!


Before I go I also just wanted to wish my beautiful nephew, Finley, a HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, love the cheeky little fella so much and he deserves a shout out, especially as I couldn't be with him on his birthday <3

Here he is:




Super cute isn't he?! :D

SJ
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Screen Printing - Bitmapping

So the other day at uni we learnt a little tip to add depth to our screen prints, its called bitmapping First load the image you want to use in photoshop Heres mine - its something I'm looking at using for mothers day The you'll need to convert you image to Grayscale - to do this go to [Image] [Mode] [Grayscale] You'll then need to adjust the contrast of the image to help add depth later - to do this [Image] [Adjustment] [Levels], play around with the slider until you get the desired effect - you can also use [Brightness/contrast] but I prefer Levels Your image must be a minimum of 150ppi, although it is better to be 300ppi. To adjust the number of pixels within your image select [Image] [Image Size] and you can change the resolution Now its time to Bitmap the image - to do this go to [Image] [Mode] [Bitmap] - this will open this window change all of the settings to be the same as those in the image. Depending on your type of screen mesh you may need to adjust the

10 Most Shocking Tennis Outfits Ever

This week sees the start of Wimbledon and as Wimbledon is the smartest, most well dressed tournament there is, I thought it would be fun if we looked back at some of tennis' biggest fashion blunders. At number 10 we have Anne White from Wimbledon, it may have been 1985 Anne but that doesn't excuse turning up in your pyjamas to work. Next up we have tennis' very own Lady Gaga, Bethanie Mattek, who is famous for her outrageous dress sense, although this outfit from the 2007 US Open is relatively tame for her. At number 8 we have the five times Wimbledon champion Serena Williams with her biker inspired look from the Australian Open in 2004. Nice shin pads Serena. At number 7 sees Bethanie again, this time dressed as a cowgirl at the 2005 US Open. You're playing tennis Beth, not attending a fancy dress party!  Bethanie is still holding on to the title of worst dressed tennis player at number 6, sporting this design from Alex Nomble at Wim

Roberto Cavalli Fashion Illustrations

While I was a Fashion and Textiles Design student I was forever looking for the top designer's fashion illustrations, as I always found them so inspirational. I've recently stumbled across some I really love by Roberto Cavalli, so I thought I share them with you. This first two are designs made for Cindy Crawford and Georgia May Jagger, and they are amazing. Copyright of Roberto Cavalli This one below is for the lovely Sharon Stone. The snake back detail will look incredible, and adds a perfect little twist to the classic strapped back/backless dress. The next one was designed for Liu Wen, and it's my favourite. The colour and the indication of the pattern are beautiful. I love the expressive lines of the design and how subtle shading shows how the dress will fall. You could only expect the best from an amazing designer like Roberto Cavalli and he definitely delivers. Copyright of Roberto Cavalli There is no need to try and imagine how the finishe